From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2014 12:06:57 -0500
Hi, all.

I just got my TS590 back from the Kenwood East Service Center in Virginia,
and I have to say that I'm extremely pleased with their service.

I sent the rig out on Saturday: November 1, and it was at my door yesterday:
November 14.

Not bad for door-to-door service!

As I had requested, they did the ALC power spike modification, and they also
replaced the F901 receive-circuit fuse which has been known to cause
problems for some owners of the earlier units.

They also were kind enough to do an alignment and basic diagnostic check of
the rig.

Finally, they installed the updated firmware.

All of this was at no charge. . The only thing I had to pay for was the
initial shipping to the facility.

So, now, I'm curious. . I want to find out which version of the firmware
they installed.  Can someone give me instructions as to how to do this?
Also, what is the latest firmware version?  I think it's 1.8, but I'm not
totally sure.

I suspect that they wouldn't have given me the firmware version that is
supposed to come out in January, 2015, but at least it will be good to know
what I now have.

Now, it's onto getting the rig set back up, maybe in time to do some of the
Sweepstakes SSB contest.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ