From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 2009 19:47:50 -0500
MFJ Acquires Cushcraft (Aug 7, 2009) -- On August 7,
MFJ Enterprises
announced they had purchased the Cushcraft Amateur Radio antennas product
line from Missouri-based
Laird Technologies
effective July 31. According to MFJ, Cushcraft -- makers of HF/VHF/UHF
vertical, beam and Yagi antennas for the Amateur Radio community -- will
continue
to be manufactured in Manchester, New Hampshire. "We are excited to have the
Cushcraft Amateur Radio Antennas product line alongside our other five
companies,"
said Martin F. Jue, President and founder of MFJ Enterprises, Inc. "This
product line increases our ability to offer our customers a wide range of
antenna
options at different prices. Customers will be able to choose from Cushcraft
Amateur Radio antennas, Hy-gain and MFJ antennas through one source." MFJ
purchased Hy-gain in 2000 the company also owns Ameritron, Mirage and
Vectronics. Jue said that the Cushcraft line will bring more than 50 new
products
to MFJ's Amateur Radio product line. "We will add more new products to this
antenna line and will continue the Cushcraft Amateur Radio antennas name
long
into the future. Cushcraft Amateur Radio antenna product customers will
appreciate the continued and expected top-quality manufacturing of this
product
in New Hampshire and the MFJ commitment to superb after-the-sale service and
tech support in Mississippi," said Jue. The 120 page 2010 MFJ catalog will
include the entire Cushcraft Amateur Radio antennas product line. MFJ has
set up a special customer support line -- 662-323-5803 -- to handle
Cushcraft
antenna product technical support, parts requests and customer services.
Link to this item

All material at arrl.org Web sites Copyright 1995-2009 The American Radio
Relay League. All rights reserved.

The ARRL is a member-society
and International Secretariat of the
International Amateur Radio Union.

International Amateur Radio Union
Official Web site of
ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington, CT, 06111-1494 USA
Tel:+1-860-594-0200  Fax:+1-860-594-0259

Mike Duke, K5XU