From:
Mike Garrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:07:03 +0000
Shortly after I got my THF6A I was listening on the AM broadcast band and I kept getting those random, high-pitched beeps, as if I had pushed the "transmit" button.  On the 2m and 440mHz bands--where transmitting is enabled--the radio would occasionally go into transmit without my intention.  I found that if I set the radio down on a table or bumped it, it would transmit or beep (if it was on a non-transmit band).  I finally discovered that the VOX was set to "ON" in Menu 20.  I turned that off and the problem went away.

Don't know if that has any relationship with what you are experiencing, but maybe something to check.

73.

Mike, K9AZS