From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2014 14:56:16 -0400
I'm using a  multiband dipole made by Hy-Power antennas.   Similar in
design to those made by Alpha Delta, with loading coils wound on  PVC forms.

In my case the antenna is full size on 80 meters and loading coils for
160 meters, and a parallel dipole for 40.

They suggest  that on any wire that is loaded for multi band, the higher
band be tuned first, since it may  have some  effect on the lower band.
  In my case, if needed, I would tune the 80 meter section first,
followed by the 160 meter section.   The parallel 40 meter full size
dipole is a separate issue, and can be tuned independently,  since it
should have no effect on other bands.

On a related note, Butternut suggests that when tuning  one of their
multi band verticals that you start  at the lowest band and work up from
there.

73, Steve KW3A