From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2006 13:25:24 -0400
Hi

Down the road, I might look at the Anderson power poles despite the cost
just for the reason of universal interconnectability (i.e. being able to
quickly connect my radio to someone elses power supply, etc.).  Right now,
anything over a couple of amps is direct connected to the power supply
binding posts using ring tongue wire ends.  My lower current devices are
using cigarette lighter cords and I have a pair of three outlet cigarette
lighter female receptacles hanging off the power supplies.  It works for
powering things like DSP units, the Argonaut 509, handhelds, TNCs etc.  It
isn't how I would ideally like the station to be set up, though.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 02:53 PM 5/28/2006 +0000, you wrote:

>THat is a scary one.
>
>I'm acquiring a big 60 amp supply here soon, monster Astron.
>Also have some gel cells, 100 amp/hr type.
>Have looked at the Anderson power poles for connecting
>devices, but think they want too much for the distribution
>power strip type device for connecting them all.
>
>What's everybody using out there to homebrew multiple
>connections to a power supply?  Barrier strips, terminal
>lugs?  gotta rig up something soon.
>

>Richard Webb,
>Electric Spider Productions,
>Eads Tn.
>

>Braille:  support true literacy for the blind.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]