From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:50:29 -0500
Hi, everyone.

I am still trying various things to deal with my RFI problem on 20 meters
when using the Alpha Delta DXCC antenna.

I am finding that whenever I transmit on 20, a cheap set of computer
speakers I have becomes extremely  susseptible to RFI, and I am wondering if
using those speakers is creating a ground loop that may be part of my
overall RFI problem.

As a way to find out if this is true, I would like to see what happens if I
play the audio on the PC through the speakers in a computer monitor that I
have.  The monitor is on, but I can't seem to get the computer to play audio
through the monitor speakers.  I have gone to the control panel, and have
selected the speaker option called "monitor speakers", but that doesn't
appear to have done me any good.

Is there something else I need to activate in the control panel to make the
monitor speakers work?

There appears to be an extra plug on the monitor for a speaker connection,
but when I plug it into the jack on the PC  where the speaker plug would
normally go, again, nothing happens.

This particular PC has Windows XP, and Jaws 10 on it.

The monitor is a fairly new flat screen monitor, and it does have speakers
on the front.  The speakers are small, and certainly won't deliver great
sound, but this will be my ham radio computer, so the overall sound quality
will not be a big issue.

Since this post is off topic, I encourage anyone to respond off list.  My
private e-mail address is:

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ