Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:24:35 -0500
hello all and sorry in advance for this offtopic question
I have a linksys router and basically my setup is a windows machine and a linux machine, the linux box has my webpages and i'm finding that the router reassigns the linux machine's address every day or 2 which is anoying to say the least.  its easy to fix but is there a way to get this not to do that randomly, only when i explicitly change it or redo the dhcpcd command from linux?
i am not quite looking forward to buying a second cable modem and ip either.  i have an option called dmz host, but im not sure if this will do what i want
any ideas?
thanks
matt