From:
Ham Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 20:08:09 -0400
Lol, the ends pulling off of coax with those god-awful crimp-on connectors.
If I ever see another crimp-on coax connector, it gets trashed.

I remember 30 years ago, after putting up my first tower with a tribander.
I was working a JA on 20 meters; all of a sudden, no signal.  SWR sky-high.

Turns out that the loop at the top for my beam must've been a bit too small.
As I turned the antenna to peak the signal, out came the coax.  Lesson #1:
Yagi antennas don't work very well when the driven element is fed
parasitically.

Had to climb the tower, take the stupid coax down and put a real non-Radio
Shack connector on it.

Steve, K8SP