From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:02:06 -0400
    Butch:

No appologies for the confusion--you know, it happens to us all especially
as we get older!

Anyway, people have recommended a number of zip-cord antennas to me.

The first is 44 feet in total length, with a 28-foot feedline.  So, for that
one, you need a total of 50 feet of wire.

The second one is 88 feet in total length.  Obviously, you'd need 44 feet of
zip-cord to unzip and come up with the needed 88 feet.  I have heard no
stipulation, though, on how long the feed line should be.

Another person has suggested that I make the length for the  zip-cord
antenna for the lowest frequency I want to operate on, and just tune it from
there;  so, if I want to operate on 3.5 mhz, the ant would be about 130 feet
long total, so you'd need 65 feet of zip cord for the antenna itself.

Due to possible space limitations, I think I might start with the 88-foot
model, and go from there.

I have an LDG auto-tuner, and a 4-1 balun to make the tuning easier.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this or any other zzip-cord antenna design
would still be appreciated.

By the way:  Tim Stoecklein (KC0MDC) said he heard you on 40 meters Saturday
night, but you were rather week, and he didn't think he could reach you.

Best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI