From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:09:47 -0700
yeh, I guess if you want to call china, and if you know how to speak
chinese, you could probably order by phone...but i've never seen a chinese
retailer offer a phone number to call.
Email really is the most efficient and safest way to order anything.
You generally pay via paypal which is the safest online payment option
availible.
Think about it though, really, is giving your credit card to a complete
stranger over the phone line as secure as a trusted, incripted private and
totally secure online payment where the vender doesn't even see or know your
credit card info?
and, where each payment is kept via an electronic record and you have a
secure method of getting your money refunded if you do not receive your item
or if you have problems with the item when it arrives and the vender won't
work with you.
do you have those secure and solid options if you call someone you don't
know, give them your credit card info and just hope they don't decide to use
it for their own gains?
Especially over seas where american credit card companies may not be able to
work with local authorities to find the person and prosecute or get your
money back?
seems to make a whole lot more sence to me to be more secure, rather than
less.
I wouldn't buy anything online unles it was payed for via paypal or another
trusted third party credit card middle man.
regards
Colin