From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 07:54:55 -0500
    Aaron:

Remember, the stock antenna is an all-purpose antenna, made mainly for VHF
and UHF.

If you want more HF reception, you'll have to connect the radio to a longer
wire, or some sort of antenna that is made to be more closely resonant on
those frequencies.

I have done this, and it works.

So, it's likely that there's nothing at all wrong with your new THF6A.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ