From:
Jerry Berrier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Berrier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 18:59:13 -0400
Hi Bob,

Yes, I have a vx5r, and I like it very much.  It definitely takes some
learning, and without the computer software, I'd classify it as pretty
inaccessible.  You can certainly easily key frequencies in it manually and
do some other basic things, but I do all of the programming of it through
the very accessible software.  I use JFW, and the software works fine.
Using it, you can set numerous parameters for the radio, such as pl tone
frequencies, lock-out, squelch settings, etc., along with memories.
The radio is very small, and it seems very rugged.  I've had mine now for
about 6 months, and I'm still happy with it.