From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:48:31 -0500
If the SWR can be brought down with the tuner, you *can* use it, but don't
expect much for performance out of it, and I would not run any power through
it more than 100 watts. Fact is, at a special event setup around here a
couple years ago, I did run an R5 on 75 meters and it tuned, and worked well
enough for me to check in to an  NTS net I was trying to check in to but the
signal was down and really, for general 75 meter use it would not have
worked out. R7 is bigger, and will work better but I'd doubt if you'd be
happy with it, as compared to an antenna made for the band.