From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:53:05 -0400
Hi Danny.

That occurs because the document contains an image rather than text.  You
will have to run it through some type of OCR engine before you can read
it.  If you have the Kurzweil K1000 or Open Book 7 or 8, you should be able
to do it with those.  Both packages include a dummy print driver that you
print the Adobe document to from inside Adobe Reader and then they do OCR
on it.  The Open Book one is called the Freedom Import Printer, I can't
remember what Kurzweil calls theirs.

If you don't have one of those programs, you'll have to either send it to
someone to convert it, or try to find one of the document converters that
OCR the file as part of the conversion process.  I haven't had very good
luck unfortunately with the Premier conversion utilities.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 11:32 AM 3/12/2009 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi All, I'm encountering a problem on my linovo laptop, fitted with  =
>Windows XP pro, Jaws8. and adobe reader8.
>I've both downloaded from sites, IE, EG, Icomamerica.com, rigpics, =
>mods.dk.com, and others,  and opened from email atatchments, PDF =
>manuals.  I've then started and completed the document preparation =
>process,
>with the unit announcing,
>"100%, followed by the document name, followed by the awful "alert, =
>document is empty" announcement."
>I can send to you one of the atatchments and you can check it out if you =
>like.  It's probably best to do this off list, although some of the rest =
>of you either have or will likely encounter this problem as well.  My =
>email address is
>
>Any help you can offer will be greatly_ appreciated.  Thanks, Danny =
>Dyer, Wb4idu.
>

>--
>3/12/2009 6:23 PM

Louis Kim Kline