From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 16:39:16 -0400
Harvey,

My grandfather was one farmer who hated DST.  He said it was stupid because
the animals got up at the same time every day no matter what the clock said.
Remember when Nixon put the whole country on DST all year round?  That was
such a disaster that they abandoned it after only a couple of years.
Personally, I'd be happy with DST from the end of April to the beginning of
October, but maybe it would make more sense for everyone to agree on the
same dates and stop moving things around.  I wonder how much it cost to
readjust Windows when the rules changed, and maybe even more to the point,
how much programming resources were unnecessarily tied up for an essentially
silly project.  I've never heard Art Bell discuss the subject, but I've
always wondered why anyone would think that shifting the clocks would save
energy.

Steve