From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:52:56 -0400
Mark,

You'd probably have to run the signal through an amplifier to get enough
power to generate any kind of magnetic field.  I don't know whether you'd
need to amplify voltage or current, but I'm quite sure the output of the
signal generator by itself wouldn't generate much of a magnetic field.  You
might try googling "low frequency magnetic pulses" or some other phrase
pertaining to what you're trying to do.

Steve