Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:46:11 -0700
Hi Michael and list,

I've been influenced that way too by light dependent hams!  I've since been
able to convince them along with the assistance of another blind ham that
has built amps and such for many years.  I now have a full legal limit 2
3500-z amp sitting here next to me.  Keep on going ahead if you want to or
need to pursue tube gear.  Blind hams have been using it successfully for
many years before solid state gear came along.  It is frustrating but if you
keep pushing forwrd you can do it regardless of the well meaning advice of
others.

Tubes are actually more forgiving than solid state gear but with the right
assistive devices and being careful a blind ham can run tube gear just as
efficiently, safely and enjoyably for many years as any sighted ham!

Brian, k5in.
p.s.
I don't normally get on the band wagon here with all of the different
threads on this list but this one struck a note with me, having been through
it recently myself!!