From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:39:49 -0500
Hi, folks.

I just noticed something interesting with my Rig Runner here in the home
shack.

I have one of the higher-end rig runners, that has a toggle switch on the
lefthand side with three settings:  the first setting is off, and only
powers one radio which is connected to  the first 25-amp connection.  That
radio happens to be my TMV71A.

The second toggle switch position is called "auto", and, I believe, turns
everything on whenever the main power source is activated.  This includes my
TS480, my amplified speaker for HF, and my TW1 and TW2 talking watt meters.

The third toggle switch setting is labeled "on", and I believe this is where
you can power things on and off at will as needed.

Anyway, if the rig runner is in the "off" position, only powering the
TMV71A, and I turn off my power supply, I just get an audible click through
my external speakers, indicating that the TMV71A is powered off.

However, and here's the interesting part:  When I am in either the "auto" or
"on" toggle switch position, if I turn the power supply off, I get a short
"beep" right before everything shuts down.

I just noticed this by accident tonight.

Is that beep some sort of a warning indicator?

It seems like it's purposely there for some reason.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ