Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:56:10 -0500
Toni, you'll find the General a really fun license as its where you really start
to be able to get on hf.  However, passing the cw exam will give you some hf
that you can work via code from most of the bands.  Just take things a bit at a
time and enjoy the hobby.  There's nothing else quite like it and it allows for
everything from moon bounce with the license that you have now.

I see that Richard and Butch feel that we've been a bit harsh with you and if we
have it has not been with intent.  Everyone on this list wants each of to be the
best ham that we can and if sometimes that means squashing a budding idea so be
it.  This list is a great resource so keep asking your questions.  You'll learn
a lot from the folks on this list and can gain from their experience.

Be sure to let us know your call when it comes in.

73      Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html