From:
Lynn Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:19:12 -0400
Walt,
The Ethernet is the name for a linking protocol for linking pc's in a office
or home environment it originally used a coaxial cable to connect the pc's,
now wireless adapter cards are available. You put a card into pc it is then
connected via coax cable (or RF) to another pc. You then can share files,
folders, printers, etc. with the other pc's on the net. Software is
generally provided as a part of WINDOWS. Shirley and I have two computers
linked this way. I'm not the guru on this stuff, just an appliance operator.
But I can call for help from other knowledgeable folks. Please contact me
directly if you need clarification

Lynn