From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:55:39 +600
Well, we all weathered the storm all right.  I was without power
for about 17 hours from a quarter to 7 Wednesday night till about
1 P.M> yesterday afternoon.  The strange thing about that was that
at the time power went out in my neighborhood there was nothing
going on.  It was steadily raining, but there was no wind activity
nor were their any tree limbs down that I know of, and this was
confirmed by one of my neighbors who called a local radio talk
show.

anyway, I went to a friend's house who didn't loose power and
stayed there for about 9 hours, but I am back home now.  So other
than some time without power I didn't receive any flood damage.
There was no water in my apartment although the street was flooded
for a time and I didn't loose any property.

I did not participate in any ham related activity this time, and I
don't even know if there was any in my area as some of the
repeaters went down.  But that's the story from New Orleans.

Harvey
"evil people prosper because good people do nothing."