From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:30:11 -0330
Hi all:

Well I downloaded a trial of System Access to Go, which also comes with a trial time on the SAMN Network.
I set everything up, connected and remote controlled one of my machines using a netbook, controlled machine running Jaws, Netbook running SA.
Downloaded a demo of TRX-Manager to the jaws machine and BOOOM!!!
TRX-Manager is pretty accessible and can control it over a remote link with a netbook running SA.
All I have to do is connect a rig to this set up for testing to see how TRX will control a rig.
The down fall on this is cost. I think that access to the SAMN is about 130US per year and the cost of the SA to go is about 399US and then there's TRX, which is 70.
I'm going to try MS remote desktop to see how that works, TRX-manager doesn't work well with window eyes so will have to settle on a demo of Jaws and restarting every 40MIN.
Keep you all apprised:

TNX Steve for the SA tidbit.

Michael De VO1RYN