From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 00:03:35 -0500
It's a low voltage indicator, mine does the same thing though I always leave
it on. I think when it's off, everything's supposed to be off, that's why
you don't get the beep though I've never tried to find out and my TS-2000 is
in spot 1 so generally if I'm awake that's on though that's probably ending
soon as I'm giving up on vhf 100% except for as needed, ARES/RACES mostly. I
may see if it makes a good scanner though on the b band, we'll see. I'm on
the HF NTS nets though in the afternoon and ECARS in the morning so it may
not be on much less.