From:
Jerry Neufeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:16:15 -0400
Good morning Eric,

Although I used to own an 817, I sold it and replaced it with the FT-857 which, for the money, is much more powerful and flexible. My scripts should perform reasonably well with the 817 although, never having run them with that rig, and given some differences between the 817 and 857-897, there might be problems.

Yes, the Radio Mate is a very handy piece of equipment for any of the FT 8xx rigs. The Commander program is also very well-written, requiring virtually no scripting at all.

Good luck.

I'll convey your regards to Kathy who now lives with her husband in Boston.

Cheers,

Jerry  VE3QSO