From:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:34:27 +0100
Hello all,

I prefer the cheats method. I set the end of the cable up so that the inner
comes slightly beyond the end of the pin. I then adjust the brade so that a
little of it will turn back over the outer insulation., this can be tricky
to judge.

I then put the cable into the plug and twist the plug onto the cable till it
locks solid. This has caused the inner screw thread to bite into the brade,
so the whole thing makes a pretty good connection which is mechanically
sound. I then solder the inner and cut the protruding wire flush with the
end of the pin.

This is fine for indoor use and, for outdoor, I wrap the hole thing in self
amalgamating tape, followed by insulating tape, which you'd have to do
anyway.

No messing about trying to drag brade through the holes, no messing about
melting everything.

I've not experienced a failure due to that method yet.

73,

Terry, G3WUX

DESCRIBE ONLINE - MAKING IT EASIER THROUGH TEXT

WEBSTART could offer an accessible Web solution to your business and leisure
requirements
For details of our services, visit:

www.describe-online.com/intro/services.htm

For map and station finder for National Rail and London Underground, plus
station guides, visit:

www.describe-online.com

For details of our work to date, visit:

www.describe-online.com/intro/portfolio.htm

For details of our proprietor, visit:

www.describe-online.com/intro/cv.htm

Terry Robinson B.Sc
16 Nibthwaite Road,
Harrow,
Middx HA1 1TA

Tel: 020 8861 6909 - Mobile: 07771 610002