Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:32:42 -0600
This thing is made by Coldheat.  It has three different sized tips but they're
apparently nearly impossible to get.  Reports are that the tips are quite
brittle.  Because voltage is applied across the contact on the tip, it cannot be
used within a circuit where you need to keep it protected from voltage.  I
placed an order for one of these with the company last July and canceled it in
August because they kept pushing back the shipping date.  I finally received a
call from the company in October that they were ready to ship.  I had already
canceled the order months before and that particular credit card was no longer
good.  They said if I placed the order on a different card it would be a new
order and be an eight to twelve week waight.  I called them earlier this month
as I had not placed the order and they told me that there was a minimum 6-8 week
wait on orders to be shipped.  Radio Shack is now selling this gadget but
apparently a lot of the stores do not have it.  Neither of my local stores have
it.

The company is charging $19.95 for the iron.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html