From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 18:44:53 -0500
Hi Colin.

The reason why the equipment is so hard to come by is that outside of North
America, it isn't a ham band.  That means that they would have to make a
major modification to the North American rigs, which only a few people
would take advantage of.  I think they decided that it wasn't worth the
trouble.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK