From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:13:23 -0600
Chris,

If you work lots of cw, you will like having the cw filter installed. You
can get either 500 or 250HZ from Kenwood, or a 400HZ from International
Radio which has better skirts than the Kenwood filter.

If you have used the stock rig for cw, you know how the receiver will pop in
the presence of a strong ajesant signal. This is because the AGC is
capturing the stronger signal, even though you do not necessarily hear it in
the speaker.

With one of the cw filters installed, this anoying AGC pop is completely
gone. I use the IRAD 400 HZ filter which I bought during my trip to the
Dayton Hamvention in 1999. I have one in both of my TS570s, and I'm very
pleased with them.

I have not added any more narrow ssb filter.

I do, however, enjoy operating AM, which is what one should do if they
really want 6KHZ fidelity.

Mike Duke, K5XU