From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:58:53 -0500
I'm down to 3 HT's and will stay there but really, the TM-G707A will
probably wind up in the mobile and in here I'll have my packet station
setup, a TS-2000 for everything with my 706 as backup and portable HF and
mobile on longer trips maybe though if the family vehicle changes I might
hide the 707 and put the face plate up front and that will eliminate any
chance at changing that radio out for any reason. I'll probably put the
current mobile in here on packet, my packet radio has a failing audio chip
and I don't think it's worth the replacement. My main thing is I don't have
room, I used to squeeze 2 or 3 radios up here at a time but I'm on the 2nd
floor, grounding is impossible up here and what I have setup for grounding
with the MFJ artificial ground isn't working as well as it did, all of a
sudden I have a lot more FRI. then I once did, not a lot but a pretty good
amount on certain days so I figure it's easier to just work with 1 radio for
now for HF and since my regular group on 10 meters seems to be done, I don't
get on at night as much there, might as well put everything in 1 box that I
can use for everything and then I'll have a little more room for it I want
to put my echolink link back up, or something like that. Also, I think sky
command will be cool too in the summer when I'm out on the deck. There are
just a lot of advantages to it from where I stand. I'm even ending my HT of
the year plan where I buy the cheapest HT I can find and use that around the
pool and in the garage and stuff, mainly that's lack of money this year but
if this year goes alright with my 3 HT's I have and nothing happens to them,
I might stick with just what I have until 1 dies or something then decide
what I'll do. I'd like to get it to 2 HT's but the 2 HT's I'd rather keep
aren't the one I'll never get rid of for personal reasons so I'll stay with
3.