From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2012 06:52:47 -0600
Tom,

Jason's message made me think of another easy possibility for you.

All or most of the functions, F1 through F12 have other functions related to
your laptop's hardware if you press the FN key, hold it down and press one
of the function keys.

The operation is usually a toggle, turning something on or off.  The
operation most likely will not talk so don't do this at random or you may
cause a problem that will be hard to figure out.

On my Toshiba laptop, for example, the F8 key with the FN key turns the
wireless on and off, the F11 key with the FN turns the number pad on and
off, etc.

There may be a touch pad on and off on these function keys.  Unfortunately,
the indications on the function keys are little icons that are sometimes
hard to figure out what they mean, however, there is a little message that
comes up on the screen that your XYL can read as you try these keys.

Hope this helps.

73

Howard #3