From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:36:16 -0700
I definitely agree with you Mike on this one.  I have monitored 9745 from the woods near McCall Id and have never consistently had duplicatable results with same antenna same location same time from day to day.  these radios are inherently broadband in all of the senses of the word unlike the KDK radios with varicap tuning which seemed to really peak the radio for the portion of the band or indeed the frequency being used at a given time.  I wonder if a design feature like that would improve these dc to light radios.

I also wonder if the more expensive pack sets like the 706 or 817 employ some of these features to improve performance.

thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN   VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
[log in to unmask]     http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720,    341 W WASHINGTON,    BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours,                    Fax  208-334-2963