From:
Fred Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:55:25 -0400
I don't think you want to try the ft1000 MP.  I did and can be done but very
cumbersome. I used an external keypad that was made for the ft1000 MP and
that helped but some buttons have duel and triple functions.  I unloaded it
and picked up an ICOM 775 which is pretty blind friendly and also puts out
200 watts. It also has the voice synthesizer. I like it very much. It is
also a big radio which I like    I also use the millenium QSYER which is a
great help.  Of all of the ham radios I have owned, I like this one the
best..