From:
Doug Payne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 21:49:32 -0800
I, for one, use the Radio Shack Pro-197, which is electronically the same as
the GRE PSR-600. Programming the radio is not accessible from the front
panel, but there is affordable software which works well in this regard.
Once set up, I can change the basic settings I use most often (turnging
on/off scan lists, performing service searches, holding a frequency or
talkgroup, etc.) with the hardware buttons (no touch screen).

I can't comment on the P25 operation, but I am satisfied with the scanner
overall.

--Doug, AC7T