From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:41:50 -0500
There certainly is no right or wrong answer, here. I plan to work
on my HF antennas this fall and see if I can do anything about
getting a higher signal-to-noise ratio, here which is part of my
problem.

	Since the UK is farther North, you can take advantage of
aurora more often and there certainly are times when 20 and 40
are full of signals. I truly began to wonder if something was
wrong with my feed line, antenna or receiver but the loudness of
unwanted signals from electronic devices in the area plus a few
broadcasters in the 9 MHZ band convinced me that the trouble was
mostly natural.

	Later last night, after Sundown, things were better but
not much.

	I live at about 36 degrees N and 97 degrees W so we don't
get aurora often at all but when we do, it's really special.

Martin