From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 08:39:41 -0400
Hi,

I have a pretty thick skin so not much bothers me.  The only time that I can
remember having trouble checking in to a round table, was when I was looking
for a simple signal report on a new antenna.  I found this really strong
group of guys talking at the bottom end of the 40 meter phone band and broke
to ask for a signal report.  I was told to not bother them as they were
lawyers and didn't want to be bothered.  I waited for a silent moment and
then said that I would stick around until I could get a legitimate signal
report and I would vacate the frequency as soon as I could exchange info
with hams who were gentlemen.  One guy said that they were tired of
responding to requests like mine, and I again said that I did not mean to
bother them, but they could make me go away by just answering my simple
question.

Finally, three guys gave me a signal report and I said "thanks, have a nice
day and 73's.

Instead of getting upset by that exchange, I got a good laugh out of it and
I did get my signal report.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]