From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2014 09:40:52 -0400
Danny,

Great article on something that has long been a pet peev of mine. Most ops
probably don't even know  where they have to tune a signal for it to be
exactly zero-beat with the other station. They just tune to a pitch they
like which may or may not be right on frequency. The K3 sidetone tracks the
transmitter offset frequency so its extremely easy to zerobeat. You just
choose a sidetone you like and make sure your receiver matches it when you
tune in a signal and you're good to go. I think several newer transceivers
are set up like this but for far too long it was harder than it should've
been to zero-beat on CW.
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations