From:
"Ray T. Mahorney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2012 00:21:04 -0000
I think the shiny new thing that is attracting EC's to DSTAR is the ability to transmit both voice
and slow speed data over the same channel also the ability to set up ad auk LAN and WAN systems at
incident command posts and sites in the field.  But because the network infrastructure is still the
weakest link in the chain I am thinking those systems fall down when the batter hits the rotary
osculater.

Ray T. Mahorney
WA4WGA