From:
Kenneth Son <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2016 18:56:29 -0500
Hello to the list.
Can some one correct me if I am wrong?
I understand that the Baofang line of radios used in the part 97 Amateur
Radio Service are also approved by the fcc for use in the part 90 land
mobile services.
I have also been told that some of the baofang hand helds and mobile
radios can also legally work in the gmrs service.
Not family radio but the 8 channels for gmrs.
Am I mistaken?
Another comment.
Some one from a dealership of 2 way radios told me it was not legal to
move a part 90 business band radio into the ham bands.

That sounds kind of funny to me.
I don't think the sailsman knew what he was talking about.
But then again, I may not know what I am talking about either but at
least I admit to it.
Just a question I have along with some comments.
Hope some one can help.
Kenneth Son kk4ql.