From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:13:21 -0500
There are two ways of doing direct entry on the V7 (I think the same is true
on the 707).

One way, your way I think, requires you to turn on the microphone remote
control from the menus.  In this mode you can enter frequencies, set
repeater reverse and much more from the keypad.  I don't like this mode
because I often accidentally press some key on the mike and mess everything
up.

I like to make the call key the enter key.  I don't use the call key much
anyway, and it is always there on the front panel if I need it.

I don't know if using the "a" key (mike control turned on) will allow you to
enter a PL directly, but it most definitely works when using one of the PF
keys as the enter key.

Try this... Go through the motions of programming a pl tone.  At the step
where you would scroll through the different tones, press the "a" key
followed by the two digit code of the pl you want.  I'll send the ctcss
tones in a separate message.

Regards, Ken -N5SWR