From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 21:54:24 -0400
I'll give my predictable reply again.

I am still quite happy with my FT-950 HF/6 meter transceiver.  There were a
few symbols in the PDF manual that didn't come through Window-Eyes, And you
have to get a bit sneaky to save the whole text out in .txt form (all 128
pages).  The manual wasn't much help for the layout of controls.  I went
into an HRO store with my brother and we recorded a tour of the front panel
in about an hour.  I have worked lots of contests, EA8 on six meters, and
the 950 has held up well.  I answer some of the receiver-related questions
on the Fox Tango 950 Yahoo Group reflector.

The 950 can be used with Ham Radio Deluxe and N1MM Logger, among other
programs.  I can imagine that the keys for an HT might be more iconic and
PDF would not work.

BTW, I just finished spending five days in the hospital for congestive heart
failure, and am now the proud owner of a coronary resynchronization
therapy-defibrilator combination.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls