From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:08:43 -0400
I've had radios tune G5RV's in the past on 30 with the internal tuners. My
current one won't do 30 or 10, but I know the reason for 10 meters is
because the antenna's about 8 inches from the peak of my roof at points and
that's it, if I could get it higher off it or away from the roof it would
tune fine though they really are way too long for 10, 12 and 15 and I think
they're horrible performers on those bands especially when you compare them
with something made for those bands, but where I live it is what it is. I
usually don't get on anything above 20 meters in frequency anyway because of
living in an apartment with numerous other apartments around me, 10 and
possibly 15 are where I've found over the years I'm most likely to have RFI
issues though I have been on 15 here a couple times with no problem.