From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:46:13 -0700
THat doesn't surprise me.  You've got to have some fairly good skills to
work in radios these days, particularly surface mount stuff.  You've got
parts the size of a pin head.  We ran into that working on my repeater
trying to remove a bad pot and would up with a bunch of very very small
parts disappearing.  So here we are trying to replace surface mount
stuff with eighth watt resisters and small caps.  We did get it working
though, but it isn't pretty!!!
73
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr