From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 21:40:37 -0500
Hi, all.

Does anyone have any suggestions about a "user friendly" smart charger for
deep cycle marine batteries?

I have a Shoemaker charger here that has an automatic charging mode and a
"deep cycle" battery setting, but don't know how good it really is.
Furthermore, I don't think it's a true "smart charger", in that it
apparently needs to be disconnected from the battery as soon as possible
after charging is completed.  In other words, you can't leave it attached to
the battery permanently or for an inordinately long period of time.

If anyone has suggestions, please try to provide make, model number, and
approximate price if available.

Being totally blind, I'd also like one that gives me some kind of indication
regarding the charge status of the battery.  That may be hard to come by,
but thought I'd ask.

Thanks, and vy 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ