From:
Brian Sackrider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2013 09:23:20 -0400
Hi this is Brian Sackrider
n8mnx and qst is finally up on bard it's still a month behind but that’s an
improvement it use to be 2 months behind it is about the only magazine that
is late on bard and it's still not the entire text of the print addission
there still several articles that nls chooses to omit for some reason this
is very wrong and very discriminatory to the blind but most of the blind
community just can't or won't see it for what it is.  we chould have the
same access to the same information as our sighted peers.   This is very
unexeptable that we get our qst more than a month after the sight do it's
just old news what people are talking about of the ham radio we can't talk
about because we don't get it until a month or so.  If the reason that
certain articles are omited by nls is really due to the coppy rite laws than
we chould work to get them changed but I think that this is not not the case
as I understand it nls does have the permission to reproduce theese
meterials in a specialized format for the exclusive use of it's readers if
that’s true then this does cover reading the entire text of the print
addission.  How would sighted hams feel if their qst was a month or more
behind and there was a note on it theese articles were omited by instruction
of the us postal service? Come on and wake up folks and smell the coffee I
guess that the blind community really enjoy being discriminated against and
taken advantaged of I don't don't I try to advocate for change but theblind
community does not really care they refuse to advocate for anything that
effects the blind community at all I try to make a differense and advocate
for the needs we have like access to the same information as the sighted and
at a reasonable time and I also advocate for braille when ever possible I
always let companies know that Ialways preferbraille over audio just like
the sighted prefer print over audio qst in braille anyone I will keep up the
fight even if iI have to fight allone. If I find something that I feel is
unacceptable then I will speek up about it and it't high time that the blind
community started doing the same. 73 n8mnx