Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:22:23 -0500
Well, Matt, you'll need to look at your computers on the network.

D-Link usually assigns them addresses starting with 192.168.0.100,
192.168.0.101 etc.  Linksys similarly assigns them but its gateway address is
192.168.1.100 and so on.  So, what I say here on out is for Matt and anybody
with a DLink router.

If you have Win XP or 2000 on the PC you want to use on Echolink, then:

Go to Network Connections, click on either Local Network or Wireless
(depending on your network type); go to the support tab.

There, you will probably see a dialog such as this:

Address Type:  assigned by DHCP.
IP Address: 192.168.0.100.

That IP address is the address of the computer you are on.  Each PC on your
network will have a different IP address assigned by the router in the range
192.168.0. 100 through 255.  It is thisw IP address you  need to specify in
the router setup for placing that particular PC in the demilitarized zone.

By the way, I saw you in the MSB Chat Room yesterday, but by the time I linked
to it, you had given up, Lol.

Hope this helps, Matt!

73's

Steve