From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2009 07:30:58 -0700
Hi all, it was great catching all of you on 40 meters last night.  The
loudest signals here were Tom, Kevin and the stations from Texas.  I
could copy Lloyd and Steve, KW3A farely well and Glenn, KB9YIU weak but
readable, for the most part.  I'm surprised I was being heard as well as
I was, considering that my inverted vee has a 3 to 1 SWR.  I'm not sure
why I can't get it lower than that, as it seems to be resonant at around
7200, but the SWR remains high.  It is actually cut a little short, as I
started with 32 feet for each leg and it was resonant around 6.5 MHz with
a swr of 1.5 to 1.  Trimming a foot off of each end brought the frequency
up, but I can't get anything better than a 3 to 1 SWR.  I suspect that I
am just to close to my mobile home, with I don't think I can do much
about!  GRIN!

I look forward to trying again next week and maybe the band conditions
will improve as we get into the fall and winter.

73:
J.
John Jacques
Amateur Radio Station: KD8PC