From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:56:02 -0400
what I was talkign about, perhaps it went to the wrong place, but  a device to tell you when a match has been reached with an external tuner makes total sense, but no device connected between the rig and the antenna system can tel you if an internal tuner has reached a tuning solution, because the swr doesn't change outside the radio when you use an internal tuner., also if you are using a radio with an internal auto antenna tuner, a device to tell you wen it's done is unnecessary, because when the tuning cycle is complete it's oviously found a match. now an audible swr indicator and tuning aid fr use with an external tuner would be a welcome addition tot he shack, cause I do sometimes need to use my external manual tuner. usually it is set to 60meters, and bypassed for other  bands while using my rig's internal auto tuner