From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:26:23 -0400
Hi Bret, and all of you good folks.
Thanks so much for this info, I've never been a menber of nfb, but they've
definitely helped many blind folks, and helped to raise "blind awareness" in
some folks who didn't have it.  In terms of politicizing, I don't see that
here, if this article is a true representation of the situation.  Besides,
when you carry a good bit of the financial and technical responsibility for
R &D, is it a crime for your name to appear on the product label?  I think
not.
I'd love to see, test, use, and or maybe sometime borrow or even own one of
these little guys!  Just think how it'd help on field day, radio manual
reading while riding in a mobile, etc.  Is it perfect, not yet, but is it a
giant step in the right dirrection for all who get the chance to use it,
regardless of whose nameplate's on the unit?  Indubitably!  And as with all
such gadgets, My sincere thanks go out to Each and All who've had his or her
mind, hands, and helpfulness involved in its development!
Sincerely,
Danny Dyer, Wb4idu,