From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 19:02:02 -0400
    Russ:

If you have the charger I think you do, on the back of the charger, there is
a long switch.  The left-hand position is for lythium ion batteries, and the
right-hand side is for NICAD and NIMH batteries.

I have successfully charged the lythium pack for the THF6A with this
charger, but the only way I can tell that the battery pack has been charged
is to use a light probe, and put it across the lights on the top of the
THF6A.  If the lights are out, I know the battery is charged.

Interestingly, when I charge NIMH and NICAD batteries with the MHC777+2
charger, I can hear the charge pulsing on an AM radio, which is what I
monitor in those cases.  When the pulsing stops, I know the charging is
done.  The charger, of course, does give a series of beeps when charging of
any battery is completed, but often-times, I'm in another room of the house
and can't hear it.  HI!  HI!

One of the drawbacks of this charger is that there's no real way for us to
read the meters on the unit itself.  I have expressed this concern with the
folks at Maha several times, but who knows if it will do any good.

Hope this helps.

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ