From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:01:29 +1200
Hi!

When I made my first ZL QSO from WV, I was still a novice. Didn't have a
fancy readout like the stuff does today, but knew I was close to the band
edge so once contact was established, I asked the guy QRG. He advised, so I
asked him to go up 5. He hung with me and met me as requested. Whew, I could
record the QSO legally then, and all was well. The guy is probably SK by
now, but he'll ever be a hero to me. When someone can do something so simple
to save your backon, it has to be a good place to live, so it's one of the
reasons I'm here.

73,
Dave